- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
AIWC adopts Komaragiri village
The All India Womens Conference adopted Komaragiri village in U Kothapalli mandal of East Godavari district
Kakinada: The All India Women’s Conference adopted Komaragiri village in U- Kothapalli mandal of East Godavari district.
According to AIWC board member Kalpakam Yechuri who has been associated with the organization for over five decades, the decision to this extent was taken at board meeting of the organization recently at New Delhi.
This decision has been taken as mark of centenary celebrations of Kamala Deshmnukh who had been associated with the 91-year-old organization established in the year 1927, Kalpakam said.
Durgabai Deshmukh, Indira Gandhi, Lakshmi Raghuramayya were associated with AIWC, Kalpakam said on Friday. She said that the AIWC will help the weavers in all aspects. The AIWC three-day conference was conducted in Kakinada form January 9 to 11 on the occasion of 30 year of opening of Kakinada branch of AIWC.