- Real Madrid signs Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund for over 100 million euros
- RSS chief to be in Udaipur on June 8-9
- BRS govt's efforts led to sustainable, constant availability of water: MLC Kavitha
- Pak Army top brass vows to tighten noose around masterminds of May 9 'rebellion'
- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
50 Jr colleges to come up in AP
HRD Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao on Thursday stated that over 10 lakh students were pursuing intermediate in 3,014 junior colleges under the Board of Intermediate BIE and another 50 junior colleges will be given permission in the coming days
Visakhapatnam: HRD Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao on Thursday stated that over 10 lakh students were pursuing intermediate in 3,014 junior colleges under the Board of Intermediate (BIE) and another 50 junior colleges will be given permission in the coming days.
Addressing the students during the Golden jubilee celebrations of BIE held at AU Convention centre on the Beach Road here, the minister said that every year the State government was allocating 15 percent of funds to the education sector additionally with a motto to provide quality education to children. The government has been allocating funds for development of infrastructure, technology and deployed qualified faculty at various government colleges, he added.
He also stated quality education was the only tool to combat any difficulties in life and asked the students to set goals to come up in their life. The students should invent new innovations using the upgraded technology and bring pride to their district, state and nation, he added.
BIE Commissioner B Udaya Lakshmi said that as per the recommendations of Kothari commission in 1968, the BIE was established with 238 colleges with 40,000 students.
Now the BIE had spread its roots deep enough and stood in the top on the nationwide education boards list. Later a souvenir was released on the occasion of 50 years completion of BIE along with Ambedkar University diary and distributed prizes to students who excelled in studies and cultural.
On the occasion, Ganta Srinivasa Rao inaugurated a Science Fair at AU Convention Hall. Students from various junior colleges has displayed their inventions during the event. The students of Elite Educational Institute from Dubacherla, West Godavari district had developed an android application ELITE SAT.apk which helps to identify chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) around us.