- Hyderabad: Congress and MIM clash during polls
- UK transport union accepts pay offer to end rail strikes
- New needle-free vaccine patch to protect against Zika virus
- Hyderabad: Youth chip in with services at many polling booths in city
- JU teachers’ body sends letter to CJI seeking permanent V-C
- PL Technical Research: STOCK RADAR - IGL
- Hyderabad: Secunderabad Cantt logs top voter turnout with 47.14 %
- 8 key infra sectors rise 12.1% in Oct
- Markets rise for 3rd session in a row
- Fire breaks out in a boat at Kakinada coast, 11 fishermen rescued
Call to create awareness on child rights in Ongole
The Prakasam Zilla Parishad Chairman Edara Haribabu said that people should be motivated to protect the child rights and to inform the Childline for free help, if they observe any child in crisis
Ongole: The Prakasam Zilla Parishad Chairman Edara Haribabu said that people should be motivated to protect the child rights and to inform the Childline for free help, if they observe any child in crisis.
Haribabu inaugurated the ‘Childline 1098’ awareness stall arranged at the NTR Kala Parishad premises in the PVR Boys High School grounds in Ongole on Thursday.
The ZP chairman said that it was important to create awareness among the people on the Acts prohibiting child marriages, child trafficking and protecting child rights, through various media outlets.
He said that Childline should popularize the Acts to protect the children and the toll free numbers to rescue them.
He also advised the visitors to spread awareness on the child rights by distributing the pamphlets and posters.
The Childline coordinator P Mantru Naik, representatives K Sulochana, P Pratibha and Koteswara Rao also present in the programme.