- Intermediate student suspicious death at Khammam
- Asian Games: Pan, Wang join the greats as China dominate the pool; bag 20 medals overall on Day 1
- NASA's OSIRIS-REx mission delivers 1st ever asteroid sample in US
- J&K tops in e-Governance Service Delivery
- 2 terror modules busted in J&K; 5 terrorists arrested
- CDS visits Karwar Naval Base, aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya
- Congress accuses govt of mismanaging economy across all sectors
- Man attacked in Delhi over Rs 3K debt dispute
- Aviation services provider Celebi India may invest around USD 80 million in next four years
- Kullu Dussehra festival to see participation of 20 countries, will revive tourism: CM Sukhu
Privilege motion moved against Telugu daily
The AP Assembly moved a House motion against Sakshi Telugu daily for publishing defamatory article on Friday TDP MLA K Ravi Kumar moved the motion in the House, requesting speaker to take action against the Sakshi Editor and the journalists who were responsible for writing the article
Amaravati: The AP Assembly moved a House motion against Sakshi Telugu daily for publishing defamatory article on Friday. TDP MLA K Ravi Kumar moved the motion in the House, requesting speaker to take action against the Sakshi Editor and the journalists who were responsible for writing the article.
He said that they published an article with the title as “Sub Plan Perutho O Bogus Bill - BC La Pai Maro Vanchana Vala,” adding that, the report was only intended to mislead people.
He also said that the newspaper had distorted what he had said in the House on the BC Sub-Plan Bill. Expressing his displeasure over the article published in the Telugu daily, the TDP leader claimed that the article was published violating rules and then only to defame his image in the public.
He requested Speaker Kodela Sivaprasada Rao to take necessary and appropriate action against those responsible for publishing the article.
The government introduced the AP BC Sub-Plan Bill in the Assembly on Thursday.
Raising some doubts during the discussion on the Bill, Ravi Kumar requested Minister for Backward Class Welfare K Atchannaidu to explain the criteria to be followed by the State government in allocating the funds to the BaCs in the State. He also wanted to know if the population ratio would be considered in allocating funds to Backward Classes.