- Nissan investigating cyberattack targeting systems in Australia, New Zealand
- Afghanistan to tour UAE for a three-match men’s T20I series in late December
- Cong raises air pollution, hate speech issues in RS, says those who give such speeches should be barred from contesting polls
- S.Korea, Vietnam agree to boost cooperation on critical minerals
- Vaishnaw PM’s favourite for CM’s post in Rajasthan: Sources
- Four Killed, One Seriously Injured in Head-On Collision Between Tata Ace and Truck
- Decades long struggle for title deeds continues in Mahaveer Nagar slum
- Two burnt alive in freak mishap
- NIA attaches properties of 2 LeT terrorists for 2015 attack on BSF troopers in J&K
- Muslim traders debarred from doing business in Karnataka temple fair
Adnan Sami has extended visa
Pakistani Singer Adnan Sami's Visa Extended For Three Months. Contrary to speculation, Britain-born Pakistani singer Adnan Sami had been granted a three-month visa extention from Oct 6, the day his earlier document had expired, an official said here Thursday. The singer says he is overjoyed.
Mumbai: Contrary to speculation, Britain-born Pakistani singer Adnan Sami had been granted a three-month visa extention from Oct 6, the day his earlier document had expired, an official said here . The singer says he is overjoyed
Mumbai police received intimation about the three-month visa extension granted to the singer from the union home ministry. Accordingly, the 44-year old Sami was not staying in India illegally, as alleged by some state political parties.
The development comes in the wake of a notice issued by the Mumbai police demanding an explanation from Sami for overstaying. Sami's last visa was valid from Sep 26, 2012 to Oct 6, and he had appled for an extension , as per standard procedure he had adopted past 14 years.
However, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena ordered him to leave the country immediately and return only after his visa was renewed, while state Bharatiya Janata Party demanded his deportation. "It gives me immense pleasure to announce that the Ministry of Home Affairs New Delhi has kindly extended my business visa! I am overjoyed," Adnan said in his Facebook post.
"I would like to thank the honourable government of India for their kind visa extension. I would like to thank all my loved ones and well-wishers for their love and support. I would also like to thank the respected media for being patient and giving me the opportunity to present my stand. I am very happy. God is great. God is great," he wrote.