L&T to build power plant for Rs.1,700 crore
Engineering and construction conglomerate Larsen & Toubro (L&T) on Wednesday announced it has won from Japan\'s Marubeni Corporation a Rs.1,700 crore
Mumbai: Engineering and construction conglomerate Larsen & Toubro (L&T) on Wednesday announced it has won from Japan's Marubeni Corporation a Rs.1,700 crore-contract to set up a 400 MW gas-based power plant in Bangladesh.
"Bangladesh Power Development Board awarded the EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) contract for setting up the 400 MW gas-based power plant project to Marubeni Corporation of Japan, which in turn awarded the EPC sub-contract to L&T on a turnkey basis," L&T said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
The scope of work includes design, detailed engineering, supply, installation and commissioning of the complete power plant.
Located at Nabiganj Upzilla in Habibganj district of the country, the project will be undertaken by L&T Power's gas-based power projects unit based at Vadodara, in Gujarat, the company said.
- Priyanka Chaturvedi may join Shiv Sena
- Hemant Karkare died because I cursed him: Sadhvi Pragya on late 26/11 ATS chief
- Fake notes of Rs 2.5 lakh face value seized in Kolkata
- Video: Congress leader Hardik Patel slapped at poll rally in Gujarat
- Whoever intimidates BJP cadre in Ghazipur will be buried: Union minister