- Resolve the issues filed in Praja Vani immediately District Collector Valluri Kranti
- Microsoft Windows 11 Notepad Gets a Major Upgrade
- BJP, JD(S) gasping like fish out of water: Siddaramaiah on collapse of Cong Govt quip
- TikTok to invest $1.5 bn in GoTo’s Indonesia e-commerce biz
- Snow in Beijing affects road, railway, air traffic
- Till you take to streets, govt won’t listen: Sharad Pawar at Maha agitation
- Amit Shah moves 2 J&K Bills for passage in Rajya Sabha
- Countdown to select new Madhya Pradesh CM begins as observes reach BJP office
- WhatsApp Update- WhatsApp Set to Introduce New Channel Alerts Feature
- The government is ready to answer any issue raised by the opposition: CM Siddaramaiah
Telangana to unveil policy for aerospace, defence sectors
Telangana is preparing a policy for promoting aerospace and defence sectors which will be announced in the next three months, a top state government official said on Thursday.
Mumbai: Telangana is preparing a policy for promoting aerospace and defence sectors which will be announced in the next three months, a top state government official said on Thursday.
"We want to make Telangana a hub of aerospace and defence. We are also preparing a policy for promoting these sectors, which is likely to come out in the next three months," the state's Secretary for Commerce and Power Arvind Kumar said on the sidelines of the Make in India Week here.
He said the hub will constitute units for research and development, manufacturing, startups and SMEs, among others. The Telangana government has also proposed to set up three more aerospace and defence parks over the next four years with an investment of Rs 2,500 crore. The state is also planning to come up with a wind power policy in the next two months.
"To give a boost to the renewable energy sector, we are coming up with a wind power policy in two months. Apart from this, we also have a solar policy under which we plan to add nearly 2,500 MW of capacity," he added.
The state has also tied-up with universities in Texas (US) and the Netherlands for developing incubation centres for energy, the officer said. Telangana is planning to set up a National Investment and Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ) for Chinese firms at Medak.
"We are in talks with many Chinese players and are hopeful of setting up the NIMZ by the end of this calendar year. This NIMZ will be mainly for Chinese SMEs," he added.