Bangladesh exporters receive $23 mn orders at trade fair
Bangladesh exporters have received spot orders worth 23 million from international buyers at the 24th edition of the countrys annual Dhaka International Trade Fair DITF
Dhaka:Bangladesh exporters have received spot orders worth $23 million from international buyers at the 24th edition of the country's annual Dhaka International Trade Fair (DITF).
It was nearly $4 million higher compared to the previous year, Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi said at the concluding ceremony of the country's largest trade show on Saturday.
President Abdul Hamid had inaugurated the month-long fair on January 9, reports Xinhua news agency.
Like in the previous years, the fair was held at the Bangabandhu International Conference Centre here.
The DITF is aimed at showcasing local products to foreign buyers.
A total of 500 stalls, pavilions and mini pavilions were set up this year. Countries like India, China, Pakistan and Malaysia participated in the fair.
- Jairam Ramesh skips court in Doval defamation case
- BJP insulting 130cr voters by questioning opposition's PM choice
- Trinamool war room and its strategy to counter BJP
- Madras High Court moves to lift ban on Chinese video app TikTok
- Watch: Empty Air India plane catches fire, company says 'minor' incident