Hollywood fashion trends in 2014
Hollywood stars set the red carpet on fire in 2014 by pulling off power pantsuits and peek-a-boo cutouts.
Los Angeles, Hollywood stars set the red carpet on fire in 2014 by pulling off power pantsuits and peek-a-boo cutouts.
Here's a list of fashion trends started by some of the chic Hollywood stars, reports eonline.com:
* Power pantsuits: Nothing like a sleek pantsuit to make you look extra sharp, especially on a red carpet full of gowns. While pop star Selena Gomez sported an all-white Versace pantsuit, singer Solange Knowles chose a shocking pink Gucci one and actress Angelina Jolie looked sharp in a tuxedo-style Saint Laurent suit.
* Peek-a-boo cutouts: Whether a keyhole cutout or side slit, Hollywood stars like Olivia Wilde and Rihanna took precautions to show just the right amount of skin on the red carpet.
* High-low skirts: Actresses like Emma Watson and Gwyneth Paltrow took to the carpet wearing this look.
* Black-and-white: Monochrome was major in 2014. While the black-and-white trend isn't new on the carpet, stars did the look justice in 2014 by experimenting with dress prints, silhouettes and fabrics. Some of them who sported the look include Reese Witherspoon and Jolie.
* Crop tops: The crop top -- a trend which rose to prominence as casual streetwear a couple of years ago, has now made a transition to the red carpet. Stars like Jessica Alba and Jennifer Lopez rocked the look.
* Woven dresses: Want to look ladylike but still show a hint of skin? Woven dress does the trick. Worn by Kate Middleton too, the woven dress offers a sartorial illusion.