- Air Akasa says its plea in court not against DGCA or Civil Aviation Ministry
- Unnao custodial death: Delhi HC grants bail to convicted UP Police officials
- Delhi Police rescues man attempting suicide on Instagram live
- BRS MLA M Hanumantha Rao quit party
- Quad ministerial meeting calls for comprehensive approach to fight terrorism
- Congress questions secular credentials of JD(S) following its alliance with BJP
- Bidhuri remarks row: Ali calls it 'hate speech', says could quit House if action not taken; Oppn rallies behind BSP MP
- Volume growth returning, rural demand seeing green shoots: Procter & Gamble
- Large number of valuable monuments not under any protection: Parliamentary panel
- Eight-year-old Indian-origin girl makes UK medical history By Aditi Khanna
Akshay's Airlift collects a fortune at Box Office
Actors Akshay Kumar and Nimrat Kaur-starrer “Airlift”, which revolves around the evacuation of Indians from Kuwait during the 1990 Iraq-Kuwait war, earned over Rs.44 crore at the box office on its opening weekend.
Mumbai: Actors Akshay Kumar and Nimrat Kaur-starrer “Airlift”, which revolves around the evacuation of Indians from Kuwait during the 1990 Iraq-Kuwait war, earned over Rs.44 crore at the box office on its opening weekend.
Directed by Raja Krishna Menon, “Airlift”, which released on Friday, saw a good growth over the weekend, taking its cumulative total to Rs.44.30 crore, read a statement.
According to trade analysts, the film has received tremendous response from both critics and movie buffs.
“#Airlift had excellent trending over the weekend. Received tremendous love from movie-goers, which explains the day-wise growth,” Adarsh posted on Twitter.
"#Airlift went from strength to strength with each passing day. Friday Rs.12.35 crore, Saturday Rs.14.60 crore, Sunday Rs.17.35 crore. Total: Rs.44.30 crore. India biz. Fab," he added.
The film tells how the Indian government evacuation of 1,70,000 people of Indian origin and also of other nationalities through 488 flights during the Iraq-Kuwait war.
“Airlift” also stars Feryna Wazheir and Purab Kohli.