- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Tridha Choudhury happy to be compared with Alia Bhatt
Tridha Choudhury is elated to be compared to Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt for one of her looks in her TV show “Dahleez”.
Mumbai: Tridha Choudhury is elated to be compared to Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt for one of her looks in her TV show “Dahleez”.
Tridha, who forayed into the small screen with the Star Plus show, had to wear Kanjeevaram sari similar to the one Alia wore in the “2 States” for one scene.
"I’m playing the character of a Tamil Brahmin girl in the show and for a wedding ceremony of a friend in the show, I did wear a beautiful sari. Co-incidentally, it was like Alia’s look of the '2 States' and everyone on the set complimented me, saying I look like her,” Tridha said in statement.
In the show, she is seen as the female protagonist Swadheenta Ramakrishnan opposite Harshad Arora.
The actress, who has appeared in various Bengali and Telugu films, added: “It was such a pleasant change from the kind of scenes we have shot till now. My look is also very different. I am sure audience will love it.”
Set in Delhi, “Dahleez” is the story of two individuals -- Swadheenta, a young aspiring lawyer and Adarsh, an IAS officer. Both have their respective sets of values and ideals which set them apart from the crowd.
Meanwhile, Harshad is also recuperating as he hurt his back while doing an action sequence for “Dahleez”. In one scene, he had to hit goons and they retaliated. He actually got hit but continued to shoot in the immense pain, and took rest afterward.