- New Delhi: Changes can be done later to make it better says Javed Akhtar
- New Delhi: 'Canada didn't act against Nijjar'
- Power consumption shoots up to 233 million units per day
- Vijayawada: CP Kanthi Rana Tata receives petitions from police staff
- Ibrahimpatnam selected for Aspirational Block Programme
- New Delhi: Aravind Kejriwal launches WhatsApp channel
- Chittoor: 71 pleas registered in Jaganannaku Chebudam
- Tirupati: Orientation programme held for newly-joined BTech students
- Tirumala: Religious fervour, gaiety mark Garuda Vahana Seva
- Vijayawada: Stress on sustainable transportation
Ghantasala Biopic stirred up a controversy
From the past few weeks, we have been hearing that a biopic on renowned musician Ghantasala is on roll and Ch Rama Rao is helming the project However, it seems like the biopic has now landed up in a controversy
From the past few weeks, we have been hearing that a biopic on renowned musician Ghantasala is on roll and Ch. Rama Rao is helming the project. However, it seems like the biopic has now landed up in a controversy.
Singer Krishna Chaitanya and his wife Mrudula are expected to reprise the roles of legendary music composer (Ghantasala Venkateswara Rao) and his wife in the upcoming biopic. Apparently, the family members of Ghantasala denied giving the biopic permission. Ghantasala’s wife Savitri and his younger son are not happy with the developments.
The source revealed that when the director approached the Ghantasala family last year, he was denied permission to make the biopic and the family members felt that Ghantasala had a clean image and led a controversy-free life that lacks enough drama to make the biopic interesting for the audience. But, Rama Rao, a big fan of Ghantasala went on to make the biopic ignoring their words. It seems like the family members are now preparing for a legal notice to the filmmaker.
On the other hand, the movie unit says that the makers have obtained all the legal permissions to make this film. We still have to wait and see whether the movie goes on roll without any controversies or get shelved.