One arrested for chain-snatching
DSP Shirisha on Friday said K Srinivas 36, a native of Suraram, was held for chain snatching event at Shivaramnagar Colony recently
Vikarabad: DSP Shirisha on Friday said K Srinivas (36), a native of Suraram, was held for chain snatching event at Shivaramnagar Colony recently.
On receipt of a complaint by one M Radhika, the police launched a probe and examined CCTV footage and arrived at the identity of the person involved in the crime. They cast a net and nabbed him. The police recovered gold jewellery worth Rs 90,000 and also seized a two-wheeler from his possession. The accused was sent to judicial remand, said the DSP.
The DSP commended the staff for acting promptly on the complaint. The thief was nabbed within three days of complaint. She appealed to people to complain in nearby police station or dial 100, if they found suspicious persons in their surroundings.
- INS Vikramaditya catches fire, naval officer dies
- Denied money for liquor, Man kills grandmother and aunt
- Father-son richest Odisha candidates in phase 4 polls
- Aircel-Maxis case: Protection from arrest to Chidambaram, Karti extended till May 6
- Akhilesh slams PM of doing nothing for Bundelkhand, dubs Adityanath as Baba CM