Stop worrying, control your own thoughts
Worrying is creating a complete script of the outcome of a situation before it has happened and then using the story to scare ourselves By worrying we are reducing our inner strength which we require to face the challenge Every time you find yourself worrying, stop and tell yourself This story might never happen When the cycle of negative thoughts slows down, gradually change the quality
Worrying is creating a complete script of the outcome of a situation before it has happened and then using the story to scare ourselves. By worrying we are reducing our inner strength which we require to face the challenge. Every time you find yourself worrying, stop and tell yourself “This story might never happen”. When the cycle of negative thoughts slows down, gradually change the quality.
Be aware of these patterns of thinking which drain our energy criticising, worrying, controlling and obsessive thinking. Awareness means observing, checking and then gently changing.
Controlling people and situations creates a series of negative thoughts. Controlling means we are not happy with things as they are, we want them to change, this creates an internal struggle. With awareness, start accepting people and situations.
Acceptance means no disturbance internally and then giving them our suggestion, direction or instruction. Focus should be on controlling our own thinking before trying to bring about a change outside.
Let us take simple scenes of our life to check how we react. Suppose your child has not reached home and his phone is not reachable. Are thoughts of worry and anxiety natural? You have worked very hard on an assignment and you get criticism in return. Are thoughts of hurt natural? You expect someone to behave in a particular way and they do not seem to understand. Are thoughts of irritation and anger natural?
We live in a world where uncomfortable emotions like worry, stress, anger, rejection, hurt, jealousy, resentment are being called natural. This chain of emotions means we are creating a disturbed mind, diseased body and conflicting relationships.
If we want to keep our thoughts pure and positive, we need to check the quality of information we are taking in. In the name of news and entertainment, the quality of energy coming from media today is questionable.
We routinely take in vibrations of terror, violence, hatred, ridicule and manipulation, so we even see them reflecting in our destiny. Like food is the nourishment for the body, information is for the soul. Information is the basis of our emotional and mental health.
We are what we read, watch and listen. The next time we receive a message on social media, let us check if it is a right diet for our emotional health. If not, let us delete without reading them. Reading and sharing information of crime, criticism, bias, satire, creates a deep karma of radiating negative energy.
We need to be in an environment of pure vibrations every day for spiritual progress. We decide not to create anger, hurt or hatred, but fail because our sanskars get influenced by the low vibrations around us. Vibrations are created by people; many of who believe that anger, jealousy, competition are natural.
To empower ourselves and transform, we need to be amidst divine vibrations like meditation rooms for some time daily.
1. Every thought I create whether I am awake or asleep, creates my energy field, and this is the energy I have to offer in every interaction.
2. Check - Am I thinking too much? What is the quality of my thoughts? Whenever I want to change any thought, am I able to do it easily?
3. When the quality of thoughts is right, the speed is slow. When it is negative or waste thinking, the quantity increases. The mind thinks too much, and we feel that it is not in our control.
4. Let us start building a beautiful relationship with our self. Check what are the critical thoughts we have about our self. Gently change the quality of every critical thought to acceptance and love.
5. The more we criticise ourselves, we are reaffirming that part of our personality. We want to change our sanskars, and so our internal conversation needs to be positive, loving and empowering.