- Chandigarh Smart City gets best UT award
- Contemplating the creation of district-wise water bodies atlas: Minister NS Boseraju
- ISSHP World Congress 2023: Pragnya to tackle Pre-eclampsia and Elevate Maternal Health Awareness
- CBI files FIR against Indore firm in Rs 15.52 cr loan fraud case
- How new-age edutech platforms enabling outcome-based education
- Congress has no warranty but is giving guarantees in Telangana: Minister KTR
- Turned producer to tell stories that evoke emotions, leave impact: Alia Bhatt
- Amul expects no price hike after timely monsoon in Gujarat, says chief Jayen S Mehta
- Health Minister Mandaviya asks officials to fully gear up as dengue cases rise
- World Tourism Day: Solo travel picks up pace, travellers pitch for solitude and me-time By Manik Gupta
Delhi Gets E Toilets
Six electronic public toilets were Saturday inaugurated for the public in the Delhi Cantonment Board (DCB) area.
New Delhi: Six electronic public toilets were Saturday inaugurated for the public in the Delhi Cantonment Board (DCB) area.
The automated public toilet unit, developed by Kerala-based company Eram Scientific Solutions, has an automatic flushing system for before as well as after use, in-built water tanks, sensors for water and electricity conservation, automatic platform cleaning and power back-up.
The performance status of the units can also be monitored via web using GPRS connectivity of the units. eToilets have multiple revenue options including advertisement display on their walls, which ensures sustainability of operations.
The six eToilets opened today are located at CG Hospital, Manekshaw Marg, Gopinath Bazar, Arjun Vihar, Delhi Milk Supply and Central Ordnance Depot.
Delhi Cantonment MLA, Surender Singh, inaugurated this unique technology driven sanitation model.
Eram has so far installed over 550 eToilets in 11 states in the country. eToilet has received over 33 national and international awards and has collaborated with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation