- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
Lokesh tries to boost TDP workers' confidence
- Addresses meeting in Jagityal - Asks cadre to support people's struggles - Blames ruling party for corruption, State's retarded development ...
- Addresses meeting in Jagityal - Asks cadre to support people's struggles - Blames ruling party for corruption, State's retarded development
Karimnagar: Telugu Desam Party district unit is getting ready to face the local body elections. As part of such efforts it is organizing constituency-wise TDP workers' meetings to enthuse them to face the poll battle boldly.A Nara Lokesh, son of party president N. Chandrababu Naidu, on Monday attended the party workers' meeting at Jagityal. It was held at a time when the party cadre is joining in large numbers the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) and legislators are striving hard to stop the migration. Lokesh hoisted the TDP flag and distributed to beneficiaries cheques as medical aid funded by local MLA L. Ramana.
Addressing the workers, he tried to boost their confidence by listing the success achieved by the party during the last 20 years and attacked the Congress for its 'failures'. He called upon the cadre to support people's struggles. During interactions with the party cadre, Lokesh recalled the criticism his father faced after constructing Hitec City in Hyderabad. He noted that farmers' children were now working in Hitec City. He pointed out that only TDP had given importance in politics to weaker sections during the last 20 years.
He attacked the ruling party for rising corruption resulting in State development taking a beating. He alleged that no new investments were being made, as those willing to set up industries had to offer bribes right from the Chief Minister to local party leaders.