Getting lean with the right home appliances
As the last leg of the year presents itself, it brings with it a lot of contemplation. It is natural to make a lot of new goals and plans for the New Year, but during the last few months, people can’t help but reflect on what all they had decided to achieve and how much of that actually materialized.
As the last leg of the year presents itself, it brings with it a lot of contemplation. It is natural to make a lot of new goals and plans for the New Year, but during the last few months, people can’t help but reflect on what all they had decided to achieve and how much of that actually materialized. Unachieved health and fitness goals definitely haunt people a lot. A lot of planning and goal setting happens about health and weight loss at the beginning of each year, but before we know it, it is almost Christmas again we are thinking about how we are going to get serious with our diet from 1st Jan.
With so many workout options, cooking methods and the availability of healthy ingredients in most supermarkets, leading a healthy lifestyle is easier than ever before. It probably just needs more of a commitment. Sporadic diets may work for a short while, but in the end, it is all about long term decisions and sustenance. The habits and methods adopted at home have a huge impact on our lifestyle in general. Healthy living can definitely start from your home kitchen.
• The pans and skillets in our kitchen definitely determine the amount of oil used in preparing the dishes. Getting non-stick pots, pans and woks will ensure that you have utensils that have their coating intact; it will also control the usage of oil, butter, etc. without compromising the flavours.
• Kitchen appliances like air fryer, griller, and a decent size oven will ensure that different methods of cooking are adopted, which retain the nutrients and reduce the health risks.
• A well-stocked refrigerator with enough storage space is the easiest way to encourage eating at home. If you have more fruits, vegetables and snacks at home, your reliance of takeout meals and instant foods will greatly reduce.
• Dust, dirt and mess are definitely immunity killers. Making sure that you use a high end washing machine and detergent to frequently wash your bed sheets, towels, upholstery, etc. will keep bacteria at bay. Also, doing a thorough clean up every now and then, especially in dust and dirt attracting areas like sofa, bathroom, under the bed and in the carpeted area will help.
• Everything from the way the food is prepared to the way it is stored, finally comes down to establishing some protocols in the kitchen. Sometimes it could be as simple as replacing old water bottles with new, odourless ones. The storage containers used to store dry snacks and ingredients too should be of good quality and should assist in maintaining the quality of the stuff you buy.
• The new-age blenders, choppers, slicers and processors have definitely reduced the cooking time in half. The right set of appliances in your arsenal can help you make everything from breakfast smoothies to instant oats within minutes.
The right lifestyle also includes balancing healthy eating habits with regular workouts and sleeping patterns. Making your bedroom, a more relaxing place by playing some soothing music, watching light hearted stuff on TV at night and reading a book before bedtime will all enhance your overall wellbeing.