Ovarian cancer can affect even younger girls
Symptoms are similar to those of ovarian cancer which is deep inside the lower abdomen Ovaries are almon-sized and located on both sides of uterus....
Symptoms are similar to those of ovarian cancer which is deep inside the lower abdomen
Ovaries are almon-sized and located on both sides of uterus. Besides producing eggss they also release estrogen and progesterone, the female hormones. These hormones are responsible for menstruation in women. So long as these hormones are properly released, women are free from gyneac problems and infertility. Unlimited growth of cells in ovaries and spreading to other parts and beside tissues is called ovarian cancer. Depending upon the cells that grow unlimitedly, this cancer is divided into three kinds.
Epithelial ovarian cancer ; This cancer occurs in old ladies roughly up to 90%.
Germ cell ovarian cancer
This ovarian cancer is seen in younger girls. These cancer cells emerge from ovaries. These cancer cells appear where hormones released in ovaries. The danger of emergence of this cancer aggravates if estrogen , progesterone hormones in women are more for a long time. This cancer is more frequent after uterus and breast cancer. Apart from the other three kinds of cancers, there are many such types. The cancer that is conspicuous in women of 50 years and above age group is said to be a silent killer, since this cancer symptoms are similar to those of ovarian cancer which is deeper inside the lower abdomen and noticed belatedly. It occurs:
1. In infertile women.
2. In persons afflicted by breast, colon cancer.
3. In infertile women who have used medication for conception.
4. In persons who have undergone hormone replacement therapy for prolonged time.
5. In persons who eat excess fatty and non-vegetarian food.
6. This risk is a little more in women aged 50 years with family history.
Symptoms of ovarian cancer
The symptoms are not easily and quickly noticed. Besides, these symptoms can be mistaken as those of indigestion, and urinary infections. It is difficult to identify this cancer in early stage, since symptoms do not appear very serious in the beginning.
1. Lower abdominal swelling and pain.
2. Problems of indigestion, nausea, belching like digestive problems.
3. Unusual vaginal secretions.
4. Either more frequent or quick urination.
5. Fatigue, fever.
6. Either consuming inadequate amount of food or unable to consume as earlier. Feeling of stomach full even after eating a little food.
7. Laboured breathing
8. Difficulty in copulation.
9. Either back or waist pain
10. Sudden weight gain or weight loss.
Ultra sound test, blood tests, CA125, pop test etc, CT, MRI, can be conducted to diagnose this. If there are differences in BRCAI gene mutation that is responsible for breast cancer, it is advisable to undergo this cancer tests right from the age of 25 years.