- Prakasam district Police rescue kidnapped man within 12 hours
- Vijayawada: Farmers stage protest in support of agitating wrestlers
- 9 years of Modi govt: Sunil Deodhar campaigns in EG dist
- 2.84 lakh farmers benefited under Rythu Bharosa: Minister Suresh
- Water released for Kharif from Cotton Barrage
- Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan greets people on State Formation Day
- KCR recalls 14-yr struggle for Telangana
- Siddipet to boast world's first 3D printed temple
- Will bolster India-Nepal ties manifold: PM Narendra Modi
- BRS no to Oppn alliance
India turning into manufacturing hub: PM Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday opined that India was transforming into a manufacturing hub, owing to flagship schemes like Make in India
Kampala [Uganda]: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday opined that India was transforming into a manufacturing hub, owing to flagship schemes like 'Make in India'.
"India is the fastest growing economy in the world. When you will go to the markets to buy smartphones, you will see the 'Made in India' label on it. India is exporting smartphones and cars to the countries from where we once imported all of these products," he said while addressing the Indian community in Kampala.
Prime Minister Modi also stated that 18 new embassies would be inaugurated across Africa, taking the total to 47.
"There has been a 32 per cent hike in trade between India and Africa. I assure you that India will be an active contributor to the economies of African countries," he added.
Lauding the centuries-old ties between the two countries, Prime Minister Modi recalled his visit to Africa as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, the memories of which, he said, were still fresh in his mind.
Ahead of his address at the Ugandan Parliament on Wednesday, the Prime Minister drew the attention of the audience to his recent address at the Indian Parliament.
Prime Minister Modi also extended an invitation for the upcoming Kumbh Mela.
"I have come here to invite you for Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to be held in Varanasi and Kumbh Mela to be held in Allahabad, in January 2019," he said.
Prior to the address, Prime Minister Modi and Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni unveiled the bust of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Prime Minister Modi is currently on a five-day tour to Africa.
In the last leg of his three-nation Africa tour, the Prime Minister will visit South Africa to attend the 10th edition of the BRICS Summit which is scheduled to take place Johannesburg.