- TDP-Jana Sena to hold Telugu Jana Vijaya Ketanam meeting in Tadepalligudem today
- Narayana Yuva Sena demands fresh water supply from plant established by Narayana
- Durgesh supporters take out rally seeking ticket to him
- NMD Farooq consoles kin of those died due to arrest of Naidu in Nandyal
- MWC 2024: Samsung Displayed OLED Cling Band: A Futuristic smartphone and a smartwatch
- Bishop Jayarao Polimera, Head of the Roman Catholic emphasises youth should have talent
- GVMC mayor lays foundation stone for development works in Maddilapalem
- Kotamreddy confident of hattrick victory
- MVV Satyanarayana lays foundation stone for Varasiddhi Vinayaka Durga Polamamba Temple in Vizag
- Speaker disqualifies 8 MLAs from Assembly
Will give State of the Union address 'when shutdown is over': Trump
US President Donald Trump announced late Wednesday he would give the State of the Union address after the ongoing government shutdown ends, after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi effectively blocked him from delivering the annual speech in Congress
Washington: US President Donald Trump announced late Wednesday he would give the State of the Union address after the ongoing government shutdown ends, after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi effectively blocked him from delivering the annual speech in Congress.
"As the Shutdown was going on, Nancy Pelosi asked me to give the State of the Union Address. I agreed," the president tweeted.
"She then changed her mind because of the Shutdown, suggesting a later date. This is her prerogative - I will do the Address when the Shutdown is over."
Trump also said he was not looking for an alternative venue because none "can compete with the history, tradition and importance of the House Chamber," adding he looked forwarded to giving a "'great'" address "in the near future."