- Disaster for Jagan ahead, says Prashant Kishor
- B’chalam MLA meets CM amid speculation of joining Congress
- Oh sarkari babus! Krishna Mandir continues to weather many a storm
- ISRO chief Somanath to get Pinnamaneni Award
- MLA Balineni takes part in ‘Volunteerlaku Vandanam’
- MS Murthy’s art exhibition inaugurated
- Former JSP leader Srinivas joins BJP
- Hari Narayana statue unveiled
- Telangana: Govt presses 4-month pause on Kaleshwaram project row
- BC Welfare Minister vows to solve public problems
CM to launch SC, ST Sub-Plan in Khammam district on April 5
Khammam: Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy is to visit Kothur village in Illendu mandal of Khammam district on April 5 to launch the works relating...
Khammam: Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy is to visit Kothur village in Illendu mandal of Khammam district on April 5 to launch the works relating to SC, ST Sub-Plan. This was disclosed by Horticulture Minister Ramreddy Venkat Reddy and Union Minister for Social Justice P Balaram Nayak.
Minister Ramreddy Venkat Reddy, at his camp office in the town on Wednesday, addressed a press conference. Union Minister Balaram Nayak and other leaders were also present.
Mr. Venkat Reddy said that for the first time in the country, the Andhra Pradesh had proposed an exclusive Sub-Plan for SCs and STs. The works relating to the scheme would be launched at Kothur in Illendu mandal in the district. The entire population of the village (Kothur) comprises Girijans. It is appropriate to select such a village for launching the programme.
The State and Central Governments have been striving for the welfare of SCs, STs and other weaker sections, the Minister said.Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy would inaugurate a pylon at Jagadamba Centre at Illendu to mark the launching of the Sub-Plan. He would also review the progress of various works which were promised by him during his earlier visit.
The Chief Minister would also participate in several development works in the mandal, the Minister said.A The Minister urged the people belonging to the communities in Illendu, Wyra, Pinapaka, Bhadrachalam, Khammam in Khammam district and Dornakal and Mahabubabad in Warangal district to participate in the meetings on April 5 in large numbers.
Market Committee chairman Manukonda Radhakishore and others were present at the press meet.