- Zoomtopia 2023: One platform delivering limitless human connection
- Hyderabad man dies in US after falling into swimming pool
- NMC believes that Union should not represent matter, ASG tells Delhi HC in stem cell therapy for autism case
- Sri Lanka varsity drops joint research with Chinese ship Shi Yan 6 despite pressure from Beijing
- Assam to conduct socio-economic survey of five 'indigenous' Muslim communities
- Bajaj Allianz gets Rs 1,010 crore GST demand notice
- Asian Games: Parul Choudhary, Annu Rani claim gold as India picks six medals in athletics
- Delhi HC defers Kal Airways' Kalanithi Maran's plea against SpiceJet CMD to Oct 9
- Maruti Suzuki gets Income Tax Dept order to pay up Rs 2,159cr
- Manipur CM announces reward on absconding ‘rumour monger’
Dhule lynching: Main accused arrested
The main accused in the Dhule lynching case was arrested on Sunday
The main accused in the Dhule lynching case was arrested on Sunday.
The incident took place last Sunday when five people were lynched to death by villagers in Dhule district on suspicion of being child-lifters.
The five persons were beaten to death after videos of child lifters were actively circulated on a WhatsApp group, police said.
So far a total 26 accused have been arrested. The police are still on a look out for 15 more, said Ram Kumar, Superintendent of Police, Dhule.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakh each for the families of the dead.
Assuring swift justice, Fadnavis said, "People should not believe in rumours, we will take strict action against those who are behind them. The Dhule lynching case will be sent to a fast-track court."