- Gadwal: Shunt out ‘most corrupt’ commissioner, civic leaders demand
- VPA inks pact with AP Greening and Beautification Corp
- An Open Letter to Samantha Ruth Prabhu
- Bhadrachalam: Woman head constable washed away in drain
- Nalgonda: Rigorous 5-hr search by Anti Corruption Bureau at Tehsildar’s office
- AP providing quality healthcare to all the needy: IT Minister
- Khammam: Honouring Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao’s legacy
- Enriching her literary experiences
- Suryapet: Conspiracy to delay Yadadri power plant, alleges Guntakandla Jagadish Reddy
- Khammam: KTR lays foundation stone for palm oil factory
Hyderabad: Locals assault man believing him to be child kidnapper
Locals in Vinayaknagar of Neredment assaulted a man as they assumed he was a child kidnapper The police informed that a man had allegedly lifted a boy who was playing along with a group of children in the locality
Locals in Vinayaknagar of Neredment assaulted a man as they assumed he was a child kidnapper.
The police informed that a man had allegedly lifted a boy who was playing along with a group of children in the locality. Few elders who witnessed this confronted the man regarding his intentions. Noticing the chaos, the locals gathered and assaulted him, believing him to be a child kidnapper.
They later alerted the police who took him into custody. The police identified as Sudhakar and had no criminal background.
Upon inquiry, Sudhakar told the police that he lifted the child to take him aside as he was playing on the road but the elders claimed that he had clutched the boy.
An electrician, Sudhakar is a resident of Chandragiri colony in Neredmet. He was later produced before local Mandal Revenue Officer and he took a pledge.