- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
Man dies as mobile phone explodes
In a bizarre incident, a cellphone kept for charging exploded killing a person The incident occurred in Vagupalli village of Kanigiri in Prakasam district on Monday night
Prakasam: In a bizarre incident, a cellphone kept for charging exploded killing a person. The incident occurred in Vagupalli village of Kanigiri in Prakasam district on Monday night.
According to the police, 31-year-old Mastan Reddy, a physically disabled person, pluggedin the phone for charging and kept the piece on his chest while sleeping. At around 9 PM, the phone exploded killing Mastan on the spot. The neighbours who found smoke and the smell of plastic burning coming from Mastan’s house, rushed in to find Mastan dead. They saw burn marks on his chest.
Locals said that there was a short circuit on Monday evening, due to which several phones, TVs and electric bulbs were damaged. The police are investigating.