- J&K Muslim Conference's both factions declared unlawful associations
- Nifty logs its biggest point and per cent loss in 25 sessions
- KIUG 2023: Chandigarh University men, Adamas University women clinch badminton team golds
- Hyundai Motor India commits to reach RE100 benchmark by 2025, targeting 100 pc use of renewable energy
- Check out 5 Series & Documentaries To watch On This National Science Day
- 7 in 10 digital devices people use saw ownership drop globally in 2023: Report
- STEM education: How advancement in tech taking major impact on students
- DY Patil T20 Cup: Tilak Verma shines; Bhuvi, Krunal, Chakravarthy cast a spell
- Charith Asalanka to lead Sri Lanka in first two T20Is vs Bangladesh
- Tripura tribal party blocks state's lifeline over ‘Greater Tipraland’ demand
DMK Chief Karunanidhi's health deteriorates, Kauvery Hospital says
Chennais Kauvery Hospital on Monday said the medical condition of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam DMK chief M Karunanidhi has declined, and his vital signs are being monitored
Chennai's Kauvery Hospital on Monday said the medical condition of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) chief M. Karunanidhi has declined, and his vital signs are being monitored.
"There has been a decline in the medical condition of Kalaignar Dr M Karunanidhi, DMK President and former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu. Maintaining his vital organs functions continues to remain a challenge considering his age-related ailments," read the statement.
Earlier in the day, Tamil Nadu Congress Committee President S. Thirunavukkarasar said Karunanidhi's health was stable and improving after a setback.
Several high-profile politicians, including Congress President Rahul Gandhi, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, and actor-politician Rajinikanth among others, have visited the five-time chief minister of Tamil Nadu at the Kauvery Hospital in Chennai.
Karunanidhi was admitted to the hospital following a drop in his blood pressure. The DMK chief was earlier undergoing treatment at his Gopalapuram residence in Chennai.