- Tap water still a pipedream in villages merged with KMC
- Telangana Power Capacity Boost with NTPC New Power Unit
- Bank Holidays in March 2024: Banks in Telangana to be closed for 9 days
- 15-Year-Old Teen Raped In Haryana For 20 Days
- TDP MLA Candidate from Penukonda reviews with Jana Sena leaders
- ZP Chairman joins Congress
- Shantikumar reaffirms BJP’s commitment to development
- New Delhi: India, Mauritius natural partners in maritime
- MLA secures CM’s support for irrigation project
- Ponguleti visits hometown, inspects farmlands
Kanti Velugu: KT Rama Rao makes surprise visits to two eye camps
On Thursday the Municipal administration minister KT Rama Rao made a surprise inspection at two eye camps in Hafeezpet and Chandanagar divisions
HYDERABAD: On Thursday the Municipal administration minister KT Rama Rao made a surprise inspection at two eye camps in Hafeezpet and Chandanagar divisions. A good total of 16,017 people got their eyes checked as part of Kanti Velugu (free eye check-up) camps in Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) limits. Out of the 16,017 around 3,124 people received spectacles and 2,408 have been referred to hospitals.
"I request the people to avail themselves of the facility by visiting these camps. A lot of people are unaware that they suffer from diabetes due to lack of awareness. Eyes get affected first due to diabetes," said the minster.
A total of 300 camps have been set up in GHMC limits with each ward consisting two camps. "As on Thursday, one camp has been set up in each ward, which will be extended to two camps per ward," said Harichandana Dasari, GHMC additional commissioner, health.
The camp shall be operational from 9AM to 4PM except on Saturdays and Sundays. People are given slips on the venue and date. "Around 300 community resource persons have been appointed to distribute invitations to each house to attend the programme. They will give time slots to attend the camp," said a GHMC official.