- Even before deepfakes, tech was a tool of abuse & control
- A Fair Quota of Gender Justice
- Mother of all cricketing battles begins today
- Eluru: Pilot project of supplying nutrition kits launched
- Rajamahendravaram: CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy lays stone for factory expansion in Khandavilli
- South Central Railway holds review meeting on safety of train operations
- TSRTC DA balm for employees
- Vijayawada: Krishna district SP P Joshua issues notice to Pawan Kalyan
- Centre’s nod for ToR of AP-TS Krishna water row to tribunal
- Bhimavaram: Muralikrishnam Raju takes charge as SRKR Engg College principal
KCR to continue as caretaker chief minister
KCR to continue as the caretaker chief minister of the state and also the council of ministers in their respective positions
The Telangana chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has dissolved the assembly on Thursday. KCR has taken the decision at the cabinet meeting which was lasted for a half an hours at the Pragati Bhavan.
The CM is expected to announce the decision at a press conference after 2.30 pm. After the meeting, KCR met governor ESL Narasimhan and presented the resolution of ministers recommending the assembly dissolution. Meanwhile, the governor asked KCR to continue as the caretaker chief minister of the state and also the council of ministers in their respective positions.
As already said, the chief minister then drives to Gunpark to pay tributes to Telangana martyrs.
In this regard, the legislature secretariat issued a notification dissolving the assembly and also said that the chief minister and council of ministers will continue as caretaker of the government.