- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
- SC summons Jharkhand Chief Secretary to be present before it on Oct 9
Youth sets off Diwali cracker in 3-year-old's mouth, victim critical
A threeyearold girl was critically wounded in Meerut when a mischievous youth put a fire cracker in her mouth and lit it on Diwali eve, police said on Wednesday The girl was rushed to a nearby medical facility where her condition is described as serious
Lucknow: A three-year-old girl was critically wounded in Meerut when a mischievous youth put a fire cracker in her mouth and lit it on Diwali eve, police said on Wednesday. The girl was rushed to a nearby medical facility where her condition is described as serious.
The incident happened at the Milak village on the Daurala road on Tuesday. The police has lodged an FIR against the miscreant and have launched a search for him.
Shashi Kumar, the girl's father, in his complaint has named local youth Harpal, who went to his daughter who was playing outside their house and stuffed a 'sutli bomb' in her mouth and lit the fuse.
The bomb exploded in the girl's mouth, causing serious injuries. She has received 50 stitches and her throat has also been infected, further compounding her health condition.