- Congress has bloody relationship with Telangana, charges Kishan Reddy
- Vizianagaram: 8 convicted within 60 days in POCSO cases
- Voluntary organisations to provide free transport to voters
- YSRCP govt looting natural resources: BJP
- Srikakulam: Jyotirao Phule’s fight for BC cause lauded
- Visakhapatnam: Divyangs to receive aids, assisting devices
- Visakhapatnam: Officials gear up for a hassle-free Navy Day fete
- Hyderabad: Many in city don’t get voter slips
- Visakhapatnam: Officials find stale meat served in many eateries
- EC warns action against companies not declaring holiday
Rahul Gandhi to address Goa Cong workers on March 8
Congress President Rahul Gandhi will address a meeting of booth workers in Goa on March 8, ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections and three byelections to Goa Assembly
Panaji: Congress President Rahul Gandhi will address a meeting of booth workers in Goa on March 8, ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections and three by-elections to Goa Assembly.
"Our @INCIndia national President @RahulGandhi ji to address @INC booth committee members convention #Jeetkior on March 8 at 5:30 p.m. at the Dr. S.P. Mukherji hall, Talegaon plateau #JaitachyaDishen #RGvisitGoa," State Congress President Girish Chodankar on Saturday tweeted.
The two constituencies of Mandrem and Shiroda in Goa were rendered vacant after sitting Congress MLAs quit the party to join the BJP. The Mapusa Assembly seat is vacant after the death of former Deputy Chief Minister Francis D'Souza last week.
During the visit, Gandhi is also expected to meet senior party leaders and MLAs, sources said.
Last month, Gandhi was on a personal visit to the BJP-ruled coastal state, during which he paid a courtesy visit to ailing Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar.
The visit triggered controversy following comments made by Gandhi about the Rafale deal, which led to a verbal battle between national leaders of the Congress and BJP.