UP eyes new Guinness record by 500 bus parade
The Uttar Pradesh government has set its eyes at a new record in the Guinness World Records by rolling out a fleet of 500 buses here on Thursday, officials said
Prayagraj: The Uttar Pradesh government has set its eyes at a new record in the Guinness World Records by rolling out a fleet of 500 buses here on Thursday, officials said.
This would be the longest parade of buses anywhere in the world. The present record of a similar feat is held currently by Abu Dhabi of 390 buses.
The Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) buses will cover a distance of over 3.2 km. The parade of the saffron-coloured buses was held at NH-19, between Sahson toll and Nawabganj toll plaza.
"The parade is also to demonstrate the traffic plan which worked very well during the ongoing Kumbh Mela where 1,300 hectare of land was used for parking of vehicles, 20,000 police personnel were deployed for security and safety of the Kumbh Nagar and the millions who visited the congregation", Additional Chief Secretary (Information and Tourism) Avaneesh Kumar Awasthi told IANS.
- Jaitley unlikely to remain Indian finance minister in Modi's new term - sources
- Modi-Transition from Chaiwala to Chowkidar
- BJP remarkably crosses 300-mark, rewrites history
- Prez Kovind accepts PM Modi's resignation, asks him to continue till new government takes charge
- Six Muslim MPs win parliamentary seats from Uttar Pradesh