Biomedical engineers offer hope for paralysis
Biomedical engineers offer hope for paralysis, Biomedical engineers are set to give people suffering from complete paralysis new hope.
Biomedical engineers are set to give people suffering from complete paralysis new hope.
By implanting electrical stimulators in the lower spinal cord, they are bypassing the injury site and directly activating spinal neurons that control the lower body.
The early experiments have met with great success. With the help of this spinal stimulation, the first human test subject was able to stand on his own and move his legs voluntarily on the very first day of the experiment.
With further development of these implanted electrical stimulators, researchers may one day allow paralyzed people to walk again.
- 24 candidates have criminal cases in Uttar Pradesh third phase: ADR
- There is conspiracy to make CJI resign: Lawyer to SC
- Lokpal to work from Delhi's 5-star luxury 'The Ashok' hotel
- Sri Lanka blasts shakes up the country: Live updates
- PDP president Mufti hits out at PM for bringing nuclear bombs in political discourse