Do women masturbate?
Research shows that most women over the age of 18 have masturbated at least once.But how often do women regularly masturbate? FiveThirtyEight crunched the numbers and found out.
Washington:: Research shows that most women over the age of 18 have masturbated at least once.But how often do women regularly masturbate? FiveThirtyEight crunched the numbers and found out.
FiveThirtyEight's Mona Chalabi analyzed Indiana University's National Survey Of Sexual Health And Behavior (NSSHB) to create an infographic illustrating how often men and women masturbate according to age.
The NSSHB collected data from 5,865 Americans between the ages of 14 and 94 between March and May 2009, the Huffington Post reported.
While masturbation is a normal, healthy and enjoyable experience, it looks like we have yet to shake the taboo surrounding women and masturbation. Perhaps unsurprisingly, men masturbate far more frequently than women do.
As Chalabi points out, women are less likely to try masturbating, however, there is still a large gender gap when it comes to routine masturbation.
Only 7.9 percent of women between the ages of 25 and 29 masturbate two to three times a week whereas 23.4 percent of men do.
- Lt Gen Hooda laments Pragya's remark on Karkare
- Ex-Union minister Krishna Kumar joins BJP, says Sonia has no real love for India
- Goa CM asks police to beef up security of churches
- Modi says he is winning but no fun minus Gujarat's 26 seats
- People of Bengal will pay back 'notebandi' with 'votebandi': Mamata hits out at Modi