National Winter Skin Relief Day
Mercury is further dropping as winter kicks into high gear, today January 8, National Winter Skin Relief Day reminds us of all the ways we can keep...
Mercury is further dropping as winter kicks into high gear, today January 8, National Winter Skin Relief Day reminds us of all the ways we can keep our skin safe from withering under the harshest of elements.
The makers of CeraVe Skincare founded National Winter Skin Relief Day to bring awareness to all the extra attention the skin needs during the winter season.
Our skin is first to notice the change in the weather as the moisture is drained out in the air.
Here are few tips to keep your skin safe from this harsh winter season:
1) Keep your skin hydrated. Drink a lot of water for this.
2) Avoid long and hot showers, as hot water strips skin of its natural oils and leaves it dry.
3) Use gentle cleansers, avoid harsh soaps.
4) Don’t scrub! Be gentle and let the water and lather do the work.
5) After bathing, pat the skin dry with a soft towel. Rubbing causes more irritation and inflammation.
6) If you have dry skin use a moisturizer with light petrolatum, hyaluronic acid and ceramides.
7) When dressing, wear layers. The closest layer should be made of natural fibres.
Soft fabrics like flannel and cotton cause little irritation compared to synthetic materials. Layers also are more effective against cold weather.
Winter skin relief comes many forms. Our skin needs hydration at night, too. Adding humidity to the air with a cool mist humidifier will not only hydrate your skin but will also provide a more restful sleep.