Efforts on to supply Manjira water for all: Geeta Reddy
Sangareddy (Medak): The State government has been spending several crores of rupees to provide drinking water...
Sangareddy (Medak): The State government has been spending several crores of rupees to provide drinking water from Manjira River to all the constituencies in the district, Minister for Heavy Industries Dr J Geeta Reddy said here on Thursday. Addressing the meeting after hoisting the national flag at the police parade grounds here, the minister said that the construction of personal toilets has been taken up under the Nirmal Bharat Abhiyaan programme.
Heavy industries were coming up in the district at a cost of Rs. 1900 crore, she added. The minister said that special funds would be allocated for the welfare of backward classes. “Under the SC, ST Sub Plan, large scale development works would be undertaken and infrastructure would be provided to the SC and ST colonies,” she added.
The minister pointed out that under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee programme, various were undertaken this year at a cost of Rs. 112 crore providing work to 1.98 lakh families. District Collector Dinakar Babu,SP Vijay Kumar, Government whip and local MLA Turpu Jayaprakash Reddy, Joint Collector Sarat and others were present.
- Godse extremist remark: Kamal Haasan secures anticipatory bail
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan HC issues fresh notices to Saif, Tabu, others
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu to meet Mamata for post-poll alliance talks in Kolkata
- BJP to bag 17-18 seats in Karnataka as per exit poll predictions
- Centre moves Supreme Court on retrospective effect of Black Money law