- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Modi praises Chandrababu
New Delhi: Modi Praises Chandrababu, Prime Minister-Elect Narendra Modi on Tuesday singled out Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister-Designate N Chandrababu Naidu for achieving a spectacular victory in Andhra Pradesh.
New Delhi: Prime Minister-Elect Narendra Modi on Tuesday singled out Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister-Designate N Chandrababu Naidu for achieving a spectacular victory in Andhra Pradesh. He has to take oath after June 2, as some more formalities are yet to be completed, Modi said.
Earlier, speaking at the NDA Parliamentary Party meeting in the Central Hall of Parliament, Chandrababu Naidu said with Narendra Modi as Prime Minister, India will find a place among the world powers. The real competition for the country will be the USA and China, Chandrababu Naidu said. “India should be among the likes of USA and China. There may be some developed countries but real competition is with US and also China,” he said.
Describing Modi as a leader with extraordinary capabilities, Chandrababu Naidu said it is not just in 2014 but even again in 2019, Narendra Modi will be the Prime Minister and for many more times. “That is our wish, that is our desire and that is the desire of the nation,” Chandrababu Naidu said.
Chandrababu Naidu expressed the confidence that Narendra Modi will do it. “For this nation-building, we are partners with Narendra Modi. We extend on behalf of TDP all cooperation for his great endeavour to clean up the country and also develop it. I have seen so many leaders, but his determination and enthusiasm is extraordinary,” he said.
In the morning, Chandrababu Naidu, who had checked into a star hotel overnight, chose to shift to the Andhra Pradesh Bhavan in the Capital. Ahead of that he met former BJP President M Venkaiah Naidu and NDA Working Chairman L K Advani, before moving into the Chief Minister’s Cottage in Andhra Pradesh Bhavan. There he met his party MPs for some time. Punjab Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal came to call on Vhandrababu Naidu in Andhra Pradesh Bhavan. Later in the day, Chandrababu Naidu called Narendra Modi at the Gujarat Bhavan in the Capital. Among other senior leaders, he met, included Arun Jaitley.