- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
Amit Shah is the new BJP national president
Amit Shah is The New BJP National President. On Wednesday, the Bharatiya Janata Party has formally announced the succeedor of Rajnath Singh as the national president of the BJP.
New Delhi: On Wednesday, the Bharatiya Janata Party has formally announced the succeedor of Rajnath Singh as the national president of the BJP. Senior BJP leader Amit Shah has been declared as the new National President. The BJP Parliamentary board met on Wednesday at 12 pm to nominate Shah as the next party president, before Prime Minister Narendra Modi leaves for the BRICS Summit.
It is worth mentioning here that the new party president replaced the existing BJP president and Home Minister Rajnath Singh for the remaining 18 months of his three-year term. Amit Shah was last week accorded a 'Z-plus' category security by the Home Ministry following high threat perception. The BJP leader, who was instrumental in the party's landslide victory in Uttar Pradesh in Lok Sabha elections, has so far been under the security of Gujarat Police. He was congratulated by the Party’s top leaders soon after he was elected as the Party’s chief.