- "Urvashi Rautela's Rs 3 Crore Birthday Cake Raises Eyebrows: Yo Yo Honey Singh's Lavish Gesture"
- MWC 2024: Microsoft Unveils AI and Cloud Solutions for Telecoms
- 50-bed critical care block inaugurated at RIMS
- Time to book profits at higher levels
- Arbitrage funds gaining steam
- Options data points to limited decline
- India on a rampage
- 10 Effective Remedies to Combat Hair Frizziness and Achieve Smoother Locks
- Tension grips TDP, JSP aspirants in Vizag
- YSRCP mulls shifting Narayana Swamy from GD Nellore
Angela Merkel at Bengaluru Bosch facility
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Tuesday visited German automotive major Bosch\'s facility in this tech hub for a firsthand view of its operations in India.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Tuesday visited German automotive major Bosch's facility in this tech hub for a firsthand view of its operations in India.
"Modi and Merkel viewed a powerpoint presentation on Bosch operations in India and walked through our innovation and vocational centres where research is done on innovative projects and skill development is imparted to our employees," a Bosch India official said.
Both the leaders also interacted with top executives of German firms operating in India, including Bengaluru, and exchanged views on how to help the government boost its 'Make in India' and 'Digitise India' initiatives for creating jobs and promote exports.
Earlier, Karnataka Governor Vajubhai R. Vala and Chief Minister Siddaramaiah received Modi who arrived by an Indian Air Force (IAF) at the HAL airport amid tight security.
After Bosch visit, Modi and Merkel will jointly participate in a tech event hosted by the National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) and the German Fraunhofer Institute on "Digitising Tomorrow".
Merkel, 61, who is on a three-day official visit to India since Sunday, flew into Bengaluru on Monday night with a large official-cum-business delegation to participate in the twin events with Modi.