- Are your Cosmetics Expired? Shocking Side Effects you Need to Know
- IIT-D, R Systems International to launch AI centre for sustainable systems
- Top tips to score high in 12th Board Exam
- Tabu, Kareena, Kriti's 'Crew' Teaser Takes Internet by Storm, trending No 1 on YouTube
- Promoting gender equality at workplace
- Things married couples could do in secret
- Croatia’s Luciaja Begic wins Miss World Sports Challenge
- VH not to give up his Khammam MP ambitions
- Priyanka likely to launch two schemes ‘virtually’
- TTD hikes salaries of 9,000 contract employees
Four hardcore NDFB(S) militants nabbed in Assam
Security forces had apprehended four hardcore cadres of NDFB(S) from Assam’s Chirang district last night, officials said.
Guwahati: Security forces had apprehended four hardcore cadres of NDFB(S) from Assam’s Chirang district last night, officials said.
Based on specific intelligence, the army and Assam police had jointly launched operation at Doraiggapnae Laimati area under Runikhata police station in the BTAD district and nabbed the militants.
“When troops reached the remote village, the hiding militants had opened fire but due to presence of civilians in the vicinity, the security personnel did not retaliate indiscriminately and managed to overpower the terrorists,” BTAD IGP Dr LR Bisnoi said.
The apprehended militants were identified as Rajeev Basumatary alias Mwrgwng, Hitesh Narzary, MohantoNarzary and AnthoNarzary.
Security forces had recovered one 7.65mm pistol, some ammunition, two grenades in possession from them.
Rajeev Basumatary who was involved in the December 14 in 2014 Adivasi Carnage in BTAD area and he is known to be part of the close group of Bidai, a top NDFB(S) leader.
(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)