- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Naval Staff Chief reviews passing out parade of 129th NDA Course
Admiral R K Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM, ADC, Chief of Naval Staff, Reviewing Officer reviewed the passing out parade of 129th Course of NDA here on Saturday.
Pune: Admiral R K Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM, ADC, Chief of Naval Staff, Reviewing Officer reviewed the passing out parade of 129th Course of NDA here on Saturday.
A total of 338 cadets graduated from the Academy as they passed through the portals of the prestigious Khetrapal Parade Ground. It included 229 cadets from the Army 40 cadets from the Navy and 69 cadets from the Airforce.
There were 16 foreign cadets from friendly countries who also passed out from the academy. The list included four cadets each from Bhutan and Tajikistan two cadets each from Maldives, Afghanistan and Fiji and one cadet each from Ethiopia and Lesotho.
The Reviewing Officer was received by Vice Admiral G Ashok Kumar, AVSM, VSM Commandant, National Defence Academy at the Parade Ground.
Admiral R K Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM, ADC, CHIEF OF NAVAL STAFF, Reviewing Officer thereafter addressed the Passing-out-Course cadets wherein he complemented the cadet for their good turnout and exceptional drill movements. He said that more than 33000 cadets have passed out of this academy and they have served the armed forces of the nation with great pride.
He said that NDA is not only a cradle of leadership but also a cradle of joint-manship. He emphasized that that no service can win a war on its own. He advised the cadets to follow the five principles of leadership i.e. commitment, courage, compassion, credibility and integrity and continue to strive for excellence.
He congratulated the cadets and parents of the Passing out course and specially the award winner. He thanked the parent for sending their children to the academy and said that the entire nation is proud of them.
He also appreciated the effort put in by the Commandant and the entire training staff at NDA for having trained such fine cadets and honed their skills.
Academy Cadet Captain PK Mohanty won the President's Gold Medal for standing first in the overall order of merit. Battalion Cadet Captain
Abhishek Kundlia won the Silver Medal for standing second in the overall order of merit and Academy Cadet Adjutant Anmol Rawat won the Bronze medal for standing third in the overall order of merit. The 'Panther' Squadron bagged the prestigious 'Chief of Staff Banner' presented to the Champion Squadron.
A Fly-past by three Su-30 aircrafts each in VIC formation marked the culmination of this grand event.