ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

BJP's double standards will be exposed, says Tulsi

BJP
Highlights

Terming the allegations on National Herald case as a vendetta, senior advocate and Congress\'s Rajya Sabha MP K.T.S. Tulsi on Saturday said the double standards of the NDA led Government at the Centre will be exposed.

Chandigarh: Terming the allegations on National Herald case as a vendetta, senior advocate and Congress's Rajya Sabha MP K.T.S. Tulsi on Saturday said the double standards of the NDA led Government at the Centre will be exposed.

"The double standards will be exposed. They are covering the corruption cases of Vyapam scam and several other cases. Real corruption that has taken place is of Rajasthan Chief Minister and Lalit Modi. For that there is no inquiry or even an FIR," Tulsi told ANI here.

"It is not about corruption but it is only vendetta against Opposition to cover up so far their own corruption is concerned. They have cheated the whole nation by making false promises that every citizen will get Rs. 15 lakhs in their account. They have busied themselves in protecting people who are in possession of black money," he added.

Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice-president Rahul Gandhi heaved a sigh of relief as the Patiala House court today granted unconditional bail to on a personal bond of Rs 50,000 each.

The court will next hear the case on February 20.

The Gandhis along with the other accused in the National Herald case appeared before Metropolitan Magistrate Lovleen in response to summons issued against them. They have been summoned by the trial court on prima facie charges of criminal conspiracy, cheating, criminal breach of trust and dishonest misappropriation of property under relevant sections of the law.

BJP leader Subramanian Swamy filed the case in a local court in 2012. The trial court then issued summons to the two leaders among others in June 2014, but they approached the Delhi High Court seeking a stay. On Monday this week, the high court refused to stay the summons, and asked all of the accused to appear for a hearing on December 19.

The accused face allegations that they illegally acquired property worth Rs. 5,000 crore belonging to the defunct National Herald newspaper.
Show Full Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
More Stories


Top