- 5 Powerful Tips to Rekindle Intimacy with Your Partner
- Haryana CM opens 'Sanjha Bazaar' for empowering women
- Nani teases with intense action in first glimpse of ‘Saripodhaa Sanivaaram’
- Villagers narrate how Shahjahan’s kin grew pisciculture business in Sandeshkhali using political clout
- Decline in FPI equity outflows despite rising bond yields in US
- Pawan Kalyan Balances Political Commitments and Film Shoot for 'OG
- National Pistachio Day: 5 compelling reasons to munch on pistachios every day
- HC dismisses Delhi University's plea against protests, deems it a police matter
- Vladimir Putin's war not only threatens Ukraine but also US: Antony Blinken
- Amit Shah to address public meet in MP ahead of LS polls
DCW writes to JJB, requests not to release juvenile convict
Delhi Commission for Women ( DCW) chief Swati Maliwal on Sunday wrote to Juvenile Justice Board requesting not to release juvenile convict in the December 16 Delhi gangrape case.
New Delhi : Delhi Commission for Women ( DCW) chief Swati Maliwal on Sunday wrote to Juvenile Justice Board requesting not to release juvenile convict in the December 16 Delhi gangrape case.
Maliwal also said that she has moved a Special Leave Petition(SLP) in the Supreme Court challenging the release of juvenile convict in the case.
Amidst a raging debate on whether the juvenile convict in Nirbhaya gangrape case should have been released, the Centre said it had opposed his release but the Delhi High Court has ordered him to be freed from the remand home.
The juvenile convict was moved on Saturday moved out of the correction home and sent to an undisclosed location.
The convict is expected to be released today in adherence to the existing legal provision.
On Saturday evening, the parents of the gang rape victim were detained by the police as they staged a protest against the release of the juvenile convict. They were later released.