- Samyukta Kisan Morcha to hold tractor march on Feb 26, 'mahapanchayat' in Delhi on March 14
- IIT Hyderabad and JICA unite to nourish Design Innovation JICA Chair Lecture Series concludes successfully
- Imran wants IMF aid to Pakistan stalled over 'rigged' elections
- Transformative Collaboration: ASIP and IIT Hyderabad Forge Path for IC Packaging & Testing Education and Innovation
- YouTube Offers Free 3-Month Premium Subscription Plan: How to Avail
- Need to deepen economic engagement with India: Albanian Foreign Minister
- Chief Minister Bhajanlal Sharma Renounces VIP Movement Privileges To Prioritize Common Citizens
- Samyukt Kisan Morcha Plans Decisive Action Amidst Farmer Protests: Latest Updates
- BJP Releases Documentary Exposing Alleged Atrocities In Sandeshkhali Amidst TMC Government Criticism
- PM Modi Affirms Commitment To Farmers' Welfare Amidst Historic Increase In Sugarcane Prices
Hasim Amla quits South Africa's Test Captaincy
Hashim Amla has quit as South Africa\'s Test captain in a surprise move in the middle of the four-test series against England. Amla said after the drawn second Test at Newlands on Wednesday that he was stepping down immediately.
Hashim Amla has quit as South Africa's Test captain in a surprise move in the middle of the four-test series against England. Amla said after the drawn second Test at Newlands on Wednesday that he was stepping down immediately.
Amla took over the captaincy from Graeme Smith but had been under pressure after a lean run of results for the top-ranked Proteas and struggles with his own batting form.
He made a double-century at Newlands, and appeared to have turned his form around. Amla said he made the decision two weeks ago.
Cricket South Africa chief executive Haroon Lorgat said vice-captain AB de Villiers would take over as captain for the rest of the series. England leads 1-0.