- 'Intimidating officials': AP govt urges Supreme Court to cancel Chandrababu Naidu's bail
- Ravi Teja's film "Eagle" is confirmed to be streaming on another OTT platform as well
- ‘Go Swadeshi’ –A handloom extravaganza from GoCoop
- CAG Reports: Unauthorized Spending by Former Telangana Government
- ‘Ma Oori Rajareddy’ trailer gets a grand launch
- Beware of Malware Disguised as Google Chrome: How to Protect Your Android Device
- Siddharth Malhotra, Raashii Khanna in Hyderabad for ‘Yodha’ Promotion
- Ayesha Khan joins Dulquer Salmaanfor ‘Lucky Baskhar’
- Renowned Ghazal Maestro Pankaj Udhas Passes Away at 73
- MWC 2024: Samsung Unveils A Stylish Health-Focused Galaxy Ring
Screaming helps you deal with pain
A new study has recently revealed that screaming the word \"ow\" can actually help people deal with the pain.
London: A new study has recently revealed that screaming the word "ow" can actually help people deal with the pain.
Scientists at the National University of Singapore noticed that being vocal helps people tolerate pain longer as it is thought to be a distraction, the Daily Express reported.
It was also mentioned that not just the word "ow" can help but also other words like "ouch" and the Italian version "ahia".
The researchers said all of those sounds are good for vocalizing pain because they are simple noises where the "mouth simply opens".
The study is published in Journal of Pain.