- Chandrababu Naidu arrives at TDP Mahanadu public meeting, to address the gathering
- TDP Mahanadu: All set for huge public meeting, Naidu to arrive at venue shortly
- Shaakuntalam Bags A Total Of 4 Awards At Prestigious Cannes World Film Festival Awards 2023
- Kodali Nani pays tribute to NTR, challenges Naidu, Lokesh to contest from Gannavaram
- Rajinikanth, Anupam Kher And SRK Praise PM Modi On The Occasion Of New Parliament Inauguration
- Modi pays tribute to NTR at 101st Mann ki Baat, says he earned place in hearts of people
- Sharwanand Drops A Tweet And Confirms That He Met With A Minor Car Accident
- 'DJ Tillu' Fame Praneeth Reddy Says, ‘I Want To Hold A Versatile ‘Tag’, Rather Than Being The Lead Actor
- AP Weather update: Heatwave predicted in several mandals today and evening
- NTR's centenary as 'Telugu Heritage Day' in America
West Indies ‘A’ draw level
West Indies A Beat India A By 55 Runs, Level Series At 1-1 : Powered by Jonathan Carter's brilliant all-round show, West Indies A comfortably defeated India A by 55 runs in the second unofficial 'ODI' at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium here on Tuesday.
Carter’s ton takes match away from India ‘A’
Bangalore (PTI): Powered by Jonathan Carter's brilliant all-round show, West Indies A comfortably defeated India A by 55 runs in the second unofficial 'ODI' at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium here on Tuesday. The 25-year-old left-hand batsman Carter smashed his way to a breathtaking 133 off 132 balls to help West Indies reach a fighting total of 279 for six. In reply, India were all out for 224 in 48.4 overs with Carter grabbing two for 33 in 6.4 overs with his right-arm seam-up stuff.
The most successful Caribbean bowler was pacer Miguel Cummins who had impressive figures of 4/31 in 10 overs to show for his efforts. Carter got the first and last wickets of the Indian innings in Robin Uthappa and Jaydev Unadkat. The Indian batsmen failed to fire collectively as there wasn't a single half-century in the innings.
Skipper Yuvraj Singh again top-scored with 40 (58 balls, 3x4, 1x6) but once he was dismissed by left-arm spinner Nikita Miller in the 28th over, the writing was on the wall. The India A captain loosely lobbed a catch to his counterpart Kieran Powell standing in covers.
Chand struggled during the better part of his innings before being holed out in the deep after playing a rash shot of off-spinner Ashley Nurse's bowling. Yuvraj and Chand had added 64 runs for the third wicket and that was the only time that India A innings looked to have gained some momentum before they frittered it away.
Brief Scores: West Indies ‘A’ 279 for six (J Carter 133, L Johnson 39, Vinay Kumar 3/56) bt India ‘A’ 224 all out (U Chand 38, Yuvraj Singh 40, N Ojha 34, M Cummins 4/31, J Carter 2/33, N Miller 2/46)