Dhoni equals Ponting's record
Mahendra Singh Dhoni equalled Australian Ricky Ponting\'s record of leading the side in 324 international matches across all formats.
Harare: Mahendra Singh Dhoni equalled Australian Ricky Ponting's record of leading the side in 324 international matches across all formats. Dhoni achieved the milestone during the third and final Twenty20 International against Zimbabwe here on Wednesday.
Dhoni, who was appointed captain in 2007, has led India in 60 Tests, 194 ODIs and 70 T20 Internationals. The 34-year-old is also India's most successful captain ever, having overseen 27 Test match victories, 107 ODI wins and 40 T20 successes.
During his nine-year tenure, Dhoni has guided India to title triumphs in the World T20 (2007), the World Cup (2011) and the Champions Trophy (2013) besides leading the side to the top of the ICC Test rankings. Dhoni had retired from Test cricket in 2014 in the middle of a high-profile series in Australia.
- Concerned over reports of alleged tampering of voters' verdict: Pranab Mukherjee
- Opposition leaders meet EC officials, demand verification of VVPAT slips before counting of votes
- Sanjeeva Matandoor: Congress-JD (S) coalition has failed the people of Karnataka
- EVMs absolutely safe in strongrooms: Election Commission
- Pakistani boat carrying drugs seized by Indian Coast Guard