- Vijayawada: PM Narendra Modi government failed on all fronts in last nine years, claims Congress MP N Uttam Kumar Reddy
- Eluru: AP JAC regional meet evokes huge response
- New Delhi: CM Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy stresses on importance of infra
- Kadapa: Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy owes answer in Viveka case, says CPI state secretary K Ramakrishna
- Visakhapatnam: Mugger crocodile hatchlings, a new attraction at zoo
- YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme gets good response in Srikakulam
- Srikakulam: ‘State government suppressing employees’
- Visakhapatnam: Empowering women in G20 countries and beyond
- Visakhapatnam: People find various ways to dispose of Rs 2,000 notes
- Tirupati: Vahana Sevas performed for Govindaraja Swamy
Southern Region, Northern Region in joint lead
Even as NERTS was in sole lead with four points in the women team category, Southern RegionI and Northern RegionIII were in joint lead with four points apiece in the men section after two rounds of the Power Grid Corporation of India Limited inter regional chess tournament that began here on Friday
Hyderabad: Even as NERTS was in sole lead with four points in the women team category, Southern Region-I and Northern Region-III were in joint lead with four points apiece in the men section after two rounds of the Power Grid Corporation of India Limited inter-regional chess tournament that began here on Friday.
Around 55 players, representing 11 teams from across various regions are vying for honours in the team and individual championship categories. The event is being played in the Swiss league format.
Earlier, V Sekhar, Executive Director (SRTS-I), inaugurated the three-day tournament, in collaboration with Telangana State Chess Association, by making a formal move with S Ravi GM (AM), SRTS-1 pitted ‘against’ him across the board.
Results (2nd round): Men: NR-III bt NER; SR-I bt NR-II; WR-II bt WR-I; CC drew with ER-II; NR-I lost to ER-I;
Women: NERTS bt ER-II; CC lost to WR-I; NR-II drew with NR-I.