- Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan greets people on State Formation Day
- KCR recalls 14-yr struggle for Telangana
- Siddipet to boast world's first 3D printed temple
- Will bolster India-Nepal ties manifold: PM Narendra Modi
- BRS no to Oppn alliance
- Centre’s decennial gift to Telangana, AP
- Congress to attend Opposition meet on June 12
- Transport dept inflow to be dented by more than half
- Govt has its task cut out-an arduous one, indeed!
- After delay, Vande Bharat to connect Bengaluru, Dharwad
FIFA takes over Uruguay Football Association
World football governing body FIFA has taken over the running of the Uruguayan football association, AUF and will oversee a transparent election for a new president, the South American Football Confederation Conmebol said
Montevideo: World football governing body FIFA has taken over the running of the Uruguayan football association, AUF and will oversee a transparent election for a new president, the South American Football Confederation (Conmebol) said.
The AUF was engulfed in a crisis in July when Wilmar Valdez abruptly quit the presidency just hours before a vote in which he was expected to be re-elected, Xinhua news agency said on Tuesday.
Valdez cited family reasons for his decision, denying media reports that it was related to mysterious audio recordings about a stadium security contract that compromised his image.
An attempt to proceed with an election failed because two of the candidates did not meet Conmebol requirements.