- Real Madrid signs Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund for over 100 million euros
- RSS chief to be in Udaipur on June 8-9
- BRS govt's efforts led to sustainable, constant availability of water: MLC Kavitha
- Pak Army top brass vows to tighten noose around masterminds of May 9 'rebellion'
- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
Mitchell Marsh named as Perth Scorchers' captain
Australian bowler Mitchell Marsh has been appointed as the captain of the Perth Scorchers for the upcoming Big Bash League BBL
Perth [Australia]: Australian bowler Mitchell Marsh has been appointed as the captain of the Perth Scorchers for the upcoming Big Bash League (BBL).
The 26-year-old has replaced Adam Voges, who retired from the position to assume the role of the team's head coach.
Reflecting on his appointment, Marsh said that it is a great honour to lead the Scorchers and he is looking forward to work alongside Voges for a successful campaign ahead.
"It's a great honour to be able to lead any WA team. We've had great success with this side and to be given the opportunity to captain the Scorchers again is really exciting. It's important we build on last year's efforts, BBL|07 didn't finish the way we would've liked after finishing on top of the ladder," Perth Scorchers' official website quoted Marsh as saying.
Marsh continued, "I'm looking forward to working alongside Vogesy. If we continue to work hard and look after our mates I'm sure we will continue to have success as a team and an organisation."
Perth Scorchers are slated to begin their campaign at the Big Bash League against Melbourne Renegades on December 20.