- Understand person’s object relationship
- Prominent Shrines in the land of Kalinga
- Our body produces opioids naturally?
- Global stock taking at Bonn climate summit
- Invasive lionfish threaten, ecosystems
- 9 Years in Office: CM KCR – A Statesman Par Excellence
- Cyberabad CP Stephen inaugurates renovated EOW office
- Hyderabad: NSDC organising Kaushal Mahotsav, a two-day Job Mela
- JNTU-H introduces BTech in Cyber Security
- Hyderabad: 3-day G20 HWG meet in city from today
Unique chess event gets underway in Hyderabad
The venue of the second edition of the fiveday Tetrasoft Hyderabad Marriott International Open Fide Rating Chess Tournament2018 had an emotional surcharged atmosphere when it began here on WednesdayPlaying it out for honours are 84yearold TV Subramanian with an Elo rating of 1384 and Samhitha, who was born in 2014
Hyderabad: The venue of the second edition of the five-day Tetrasoft Hyderabad Marriott International Open Fide Rating Chess Tournament-2018 had an emotional surcharged atmosphere when it began here on Wednesday. Playing it out for honours are 84-year-old TV Subramanian (with an Elo rating of 1384) and Samhitha, who was born in 2014.
Of course, there are quite a few big names, including four GMs top seeded Ghosh Diptayan, Sriram Jha, Deepan Chakkravarthy J and Laxman RR.
From among several International Masters who are in the reckoning, the moves of those from Telangana and Andhra Pradesh would be keenly watched. To this category belong Matta Vinikya Kumar and J Ramakrishna (both from Andhra Bank), Venkata Krishnan Karthik K (AP), Candidate Master Kushagra Mohan from Telangana and Women FIDE Master Bommini Mounika Akshaya from Andhra Pradesh.
According to members from the Organising Committee, they endeavoured to pit local talent against the best of national players so that they could improve their prowess and earn accolades for Telangana State and Andhra Pradesh.