- Vijayawada: PM Narendra Modi government failed on all fronts in last nine years, claims Congress MP N Uttam Kumar Reddy
- Eluru: AP JAC regional meet evokes huge response
- New Delhi: CM Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy stresses on importance of infra
- Kadapa: Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy owes answer in Viveka case, says CPI state secretary K Ramakrishna
- Visakhapatnam: Mugger crocodile hatchlings, a new attraction at zoo
- YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme gets good response in Srikakulam
- Srikakulam: ‘State government suppressing employees’
- Visakhapatnam: Empowering women in G20 countries and beyond
- Visakhapatnam: People find various ways to dispose of Rs 2,000 notes
- Tirupati: Vahana Sevas performed for Govindaraja Swamy
Gurpreet Singh Sandhu: Asia Cups are way ahead
In an international friendly against well ranked China, India managed to be in the game with the help of a goalless draw during the recent International break
Bengaluru: In an international friendly against well ranked China, India managed to be in the game with the help of a goalless draw during the recent International break.
Goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu was the backbone of the game. Not granting a goal was one of the crucial points in the match which eventually kept India in the game.
He said, “To get a clean sheet away from home against China was very, very special and when I look back now and see the game, there are few things that I can still improve on and I want to,”
Gurpreet expressed his joy in partnering with Red Bull. “We try to come up with initiatives through which we can connect to people around the country and promote the game and make them more aware,” he said.
Gurpreet ranks China as one of the top three opponents he has faced till now in his career beside Iran and Kyrgyzstan.
With the Asian Cup approaching in January 2019, India will face quality teams in the competition and Gurpreet feels that they should take it game by game and not look too much ahead. “If we are already thinking about us going through the group it is not going to help us,” he said.
On what it will take for this Indian side to start qualifying for the top international tournaments, it starts with the team qualifying for the Asian Cup frequently. If we are in Asian Cup more often this will help us to know that we are on the right path and we are not very far from the dream of playing World Cup,” said the goalie.